Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3,2011

Had some quiet time to myself today so took advantage of it by listening to the latest Lion Brand podcast and the latest Knitpicks podcast. I love that Kelley Petkun! Her show today was how to fix mistakes in HK. I'm not really a HK but still enjoy listening to her. Then I dug out a DVD on Portuguese Knitting that I haven't watched in a long time. I've been trying to learn HK but not sure I'm going to like it. I can make the stitches and yo's and all that it's the tension that I'm having a problem with and keeping the loops on at the end of a row. One row will be tight and the next will be looser. I like doing the purl stitch better than the knit stitch but I make it too tight sometimes. I've tried 4 different ways of HK and none really click with me. I watched a Youtube video on Eastern European knitting today and they knit and purl in the back of the stitch but I kept knitting it way too tight! On the Portuguese style I'm too loose but I like the yarn in the front, seems more natural to me. My hubby says I need to find a technique that is 'backwards'! I was supposed to be left handed but parents wouldn't allow it so I tend to do everything 'backwards'. LOL Life is weird isn't it? Anyway I've got needles and stitch markers and most size needles except the tiny ones so I'll keep trying it every now and then to see if I can get it. I think after MK the HK is sooo much slower too maybe that is part of the problem.
Got a letter from my niece today, she's getting married on April 1! LOL

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/photolibrary

No comments:

Post a Comment