Sunday, April 3, 2011

Copper King Lily pic

I remembered taking a pic of that lily so I went searching for it. This is from 2009 but still shows it well. Could've  sworn I took one last year tho'!




I like taking pics of my yard so I can see how things have grown. The bed is full now with the lily, creaping carnations in the back and mexican primroses in the front. The lily has a half circle concrete border on it too. Their natural habitat is Africa in the flood plains. When the the spring rains come the plains flood and then the lilies come up and they stay in the lakes until the water dries up and then they go dormant. For some reason this one has done really well. I had two other ones I planted on either side that never came back. Go figure.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/photolibrary

No comments:

Post a Comment